Youth homelessness costs have many dimensions – individual, social and economic. There are a range of solutions that we, as a community, can adopt.
YHM day is the one day of the year you can be involved in ending youth homelessness. YHM day attempts to bring the issues regarding youth homelessness into the public arena as well as providing ways for the general public to become involved.
January 2011 | Members of NYCH will be attending the Homelessness Sector Reference Group and in particular to explore the National Quality Framework. There is a copy of the NYCH submission to the NQF in the policy section of this website.
NYCH Press Releases
- Youth Homelessness Awareness about to fly to new heights 05-Apr-2011
- White Paper: Christmas for homeless young people 21-Dec-2008
- Will the COAG deliver for homeless young people? 28-Nov-2008
- Youth homelessness tops the agenda-Crisis hidden no longer 22-May-2008
- Mental Illness - The hidden crisis of homeless young Australians 25-May-2000
In The Media
- Youth Homelessness (ABC Live Overnights, 19-Apr-2011)
- QLD slow to eliminate youth homelessness and needs an action plan says experts (Courier Mail, 07-Apr-2011)
- Blanchett shines spotlight on youth homelessness (ABC, 06-Apr-2011)
- Gimme Shelter (The 7PM Project, 06-Apr-2011)
- Rough Living: launched and posted online (Homeless Persons Legal Clinic, 14-Dec-2010)
- Four in 10 residents in government housing under 25 (Australian Institute of Health and Welfare, 07-Dec-2010)